Concepts Covered During Our Walkabout:
• Preliminary site desktop-evaluation where we evaluate general landscape scale considerations and ecology, soil characteristics, fish & wildlife habitat, topography and aspect, site history and buildings/land modifications.
• Identify trees, shrubs and ground covers on site, and their associated wildlife constituents. Identify non-native, invasive plant species and any observable forest diseases or pests compromising forest conditions.
• Generally assess and categorize ecology of the site.
• Identify and assess general tree health & risk associated with nearby targets. A landscape walkabout does not constitute a formal Tree Risk Assessment for regulatory or legal purposes but can provide actionable recommendations.
• General wildlife and habitat characteristics.
• Identify and assess general site hydrology, slope and soil characteristics that relate to overall site health.
• Perform site inspection to evaluate areas of concern. Includes, soil composition hand test, general soil compaction testing, and visual assessments.