Job Title: Office Coordinator
Pay: $14-$20 hourly depending on experience.
Location: Downtown Port Angeles
Hours: 15-30 hours a week.
8:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday – Thursday with occasional Fridays. (Hours are flexible.)
Peninsula Urban Forestry LLC is a small, family operated business based out of Port Angeles, WA. We are a young company and are quickly becoming a leader in natural resource management in Western Washington. Our owners and staff highly experienced, educated and passionate. We approach natural resource and environmental management with an entrepreneurial attitude and desire for success while our biologists provide a value-added product to our residential, business and governmental clients.
We provide holistic natural resource consulting and stewardship to private and public landowners. We provide our clients with natural resource/environmental consulting, planning & design, specialized tree care and conservation arboriculture, ecological restoration, sustainable landscaping and vegetation management. We are interested in hiring an employee who can work independently, safely, intelligently and with enthusiasm. This is not an entry level natural resource position.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a pivotal position with a fast growing, local company. If organization and business coordination are you passion, please apply. Applicant will preferably be a student, have other part-time employment or will generally be a stable, long-term employee investment. We intend to make this a full-time position within 12 months.
We are hiring for a part-time office coordinator position to help with our day-to-day business. The office coordinator is responsible for a variety of administrative, clerical, scheduling, communicative, bookkeeping and organizational tasks. Duties of the coordinator include providing support to our consultants and field staff, managing our company’s general administration, managing client projects including contracts and scheduling.
The coordinator will support environmental regulation tasks, including filling of permits and progress tracking. Coordinator will assist in environmental report generation, generic site plan development, desktop environmental investigations, etc. Coordinator will manage Cloud-based client database, help manage project timelines, and communicate with clients. Coordinator will periodically update WordPress website and write blogs.
- Answer phone calls and communicate excellently with clients. Enthusiasm, engagement and passion are a must.
- Organize appointments with clients and staff.
- Write emails, memos and letters. Must have excellent writing skills.
- Assist in preparation of a variety of environmental reports and plans.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and other business documents. Graphic design experience is desirable.
- Maintain filing systems, maintain Cloud-based database and project management system. Maintain contact lists.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Other tasks as necessary.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Proven experience in a team orientated, fast-paced, technologically advanced and enthusiastic business environment.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, Windows 10, general software and the internet in general.
- Experience in Publisher (or InDesign), Excel and Access are ideal.
- Knowledge of Cloud-based client management software, project management software and WordPress.
- Experience with internet, book and scientific research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong organization skills.
- Ability to sit or stand at desk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on foot.
- Must be able to use keyboard and mouse for long periods of time.
- WordPress experience
- Access/Excel experience
- Graphic design experience
- Customer management experience
- ArcGIS experience
- Natural resource and environmental background is ideal
- Passion and a desire to succeed
Please submit a letter of interest and resume. Include a brief personal statement showcasing your prior experience within the body of the email.
Email to: email@example.com